[mythtv-users] Issue with accents in titles and descriptions: Myth or Schedules Direct?

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Mon Apr 6 18:33:27 UTC 2015

Hi!

On 2015-04-06 2:14 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
> Noticed an issue with accents in some shows and descriptions in the
> program grid. As I was scrolling through the listings, both on the TV
> and through Mythweb, I saw this show title:
>
> Justice for All With Judge Cristina Pérez

This sounds like UTF-8 which is parsed/shown as if it was ISO-8859-1 or
something similar..

Is this a new problem?

> on Zap2it it shows as Justice for All With Judge Cristina Pérez.
>
> I've noticed the same é issue on French Canadian shows. Just wondering
> if it's a Myth issue or possibly how it's being received from Schedules
> Direct.

If definitely sounds like properly encoded UTF-8 characters which are
shown as if it was another character set...

Any idea when this started happening and what version of MythTV are you
running (master or -fixes and if -fixes, what version?)

(If it is master then I might have an idea of a possible reason for this...)

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nicolas