[mythtv-users] Multiple antennas, 2nd tuner

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 16:54:04 UTC 2015

On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 3:43 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:

> On 04/02/2015 03:41 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
>
>  So, if I have all this down correctly:
>>
>> 1) delete all capture cards
>> 2) add in the Buffalo-aimed capture card
>> 3) add in the reflected capture card
>> 4) Video Source can remain the same, right?
>>

> This is where you have to choose which channels go where. I have my
> Buffalo channels on one lineup and the Toronto channels on another, with NO
> overlap between them.
>
> So 2 tuners for Buffalo, 2 tuners for Toronto, ATM.
> I am in Clarkson, so there is an 88 degree angle between Line-of-Sight to
> Grand Island and to the CN Tower, so two antennas is a necessity, ATM I am
> down to 1 HDHR, as the older one has died (not the power wart: it's is
> fine. I *think* it might be driving the newer HDHR at the moment.
>
> I will have to drop by Save-And-Replay to grab a replacement. (Save and
> Replay is on Kennedy Road in Mississauga, near CourtneyPark (not the
> Kennedy in Scarborough). Save and Replay has lots of antennas and other
> things which are difficult to find elsewhere. Very knowledgable and helpful
> staff too.
>
>  5) Input Connections: I create "Buffalo-aimed" and "Bounce" and delete
>> some channels where necessary though most will exist in both.
>>

> As noted, if you have some in both, you need to set Priorities.

I'm guessing UPS is taking the day off. My HDHR4 is still sitting in
Michigan a day after it got there. I'm like a kid waiting for Xmas.

Yep, my current reflected setup is nuts in how it works. Some of my current
Buffalo's are actually much better signal quality than CBC and TVO. Quite
interested to see the tuner difference between the HDHR3 and the HDHR4.