[mythtv-users] Changing Mythfilldatabase runtime

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Apr 2 13:39:52 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 6:13 AM, Michael Wisniewski <mikewiz38 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I just got a nastygram from schedulesdirect asking me to change when myth
> pulls data from sd from midnight to some other time.  I have absolutely no
> problem doing this, but just don't know how.
>
> From what I can remember, it's not set up in mythtv-setup and there are no
> cron jobs for it.  How does one go about changing the time from midnight to
> something else?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Yes, I got the same one. For as long as it's been available I've used the
"use suggested time" option and it always appeared to be somewhat
randomized. But I just checked and sure enough it's been grabbing at 12:00
am. I suspect this may be a problem with the suggested time generator at
Schedules Direct. Ah, the front page at Schedules Direct has this notice:

April 1st 2015
email about midnight data polls

We've gotten lots of feedback from our email about polling for data at
midnight. It seems there is some timezone confusion between the MythTV
scheduler and our suggested time generator.

If you're already using the auto-scheduler, nothing needs to be done. We'll
fix it on our end... and sorry about the confusion.