[mythtv-users] Happy fourth birthday, lil' mythbox

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 19:41:03 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 01, 2015 12:06:48 AM Ian Evans wrote:
> > My Mythbox, a combined FE/BE, turns four today. 15,730 episodes recorded.
> >
> > Huge hugs to the developers and to the great mailing list community that
> > is always helpful with suggestions and advice.
> >
> > If anyone wants to send gifts, my mythbox did say something about a 4-6TB
> > drive. :-)
>
> Got you beat for longevity: My first recording was on 2006.11.20, and the
> box has been up 24/7 since except for 2 6-month winter breaks when I was
> somewhere warmer. Only 17,328 episodes though - I guess I don't watch as
> much TV as others. My #1 is national news, #2 is local news, and #3 is The
> Daily Show. #4 is NHL Hockey. My only top-10 "scripted" series is South
> Park at #9.

Many, many Mythers have my BE beat for longevity. Just wanted to give the
devs and community a shout out. And yes, the local news is number one on my
recordings too. Then there's some other news (I FF one news channel at
noon, watch another at six another at eleven) followed by Dr. Oz. I think
my first scripted show is Big Bang Theory.