[mythtv-users] Multiple antennas, 2nd tuner

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 19:37:15 UTC 2015

http://www.digitalhit.com/evansabove/archives/2015/3/9/reviewing-antennas-directs-juice-amplifier-and-clearstream-2v-antenna

>> There are a few quirky channels with Buffalo, so as I'm getting the
>> second HDHR, I'll dedicate one antenna to point SE and the other one to
>> continue pointing NE to get the CN Tower, which is behind and through my
>> building. That bounce setup will be 4yrs old tomorrow, as I cut the cord
>> April 1st, 2011.
>>
>> So, anyhoo, the lineup will roughly be the same, but as a couple of
>> channels will come in far better with the new Buffalo-aimed antenna, I
>> don't want the "bouncer" HDHR to record those. Already tested the
>> antenna and amp during storms in February and when printed toward
>> Buffalo instead of my bounce building Buffalo and Rochester's ION came
>> in loud and clear.
>>
>> Okay...just checked wikipedia and I see ION is actually halfway between
>> Buffalo and Rochester. But WROC and few other Rochester channels are
>> fairly regular visitors even outside of tropo events.
>

> Wow!  Solid reception from reflection. That IS remarkable. And you must
be at some elevation to be able to get Rochester as it is about 90 miles to
the Rochester transmission towers

Yeah, balcony's about 108 feet up. As I mentioned in the link, my antenna
for the first 3.5 years of cord-cutting was a small $50 Terk and except for
a few problem channels (and that's -problem-, not missing), was getting all
of Toronto, Buffalo, Hamilton and ION near Roc. Even tropo season was fun
doing some major Dx'ing. With a little Terk. The C2V should make the summer
months even more fun.

Getting back to Myth though...I'll probably favour the Buffalo aimed
antenna and Homerun. The wiki mentioned something about deleting the
capture cards and redoing the one you want to favour first as that will
make it easier for the scheduler to choose ABC from the "aimed directly at
Buffalo" antenna over the "aimed at a bounce building but still getting
Buffalo" antenna. Is that still the recommended path?