[mythtv-users] Screen Goes Blank on Standby, Then Never Wakes Up

Tom Wheeler tomwheel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 20:35:14 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 12:55 PM, Paul Raison <paul at raison.org.uk> wrote:

> It would seem that Mikes solution of disabling xfcesettingsd from
> autostart fixes the problem. At least with mine tonight was ok, so fingers
> crossed.

I tried Mike's solution, but the problem remained. I also called Onkyo
support, and the rep there had me try a few things but none worked.

It seemed like the change in resolution shown in the upper-left corner via
the receiver's OSD was an important clue. Although I had explicitly set the
resolution using the Nvidia settings GUI, I saw that there were a few
option in the xorg.conf file that I didn't understand (these were related
to GPU and SLI). After writing a new xorg.conf file from scratch, it seems
that I've fixed the problem. I can now turn the receiver off and on without
losing the picture. I suspect that my problem was different than the others
on this thread, though the symptom appears to be the same.