[mythtv-users] the right way to do tuner priority?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Sep 29 21:58:09 UTC 2014

On 29/09/14 11:16 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> It seems to happen quite frequently.  But now that I am reminded about
> my disdain (and thus -10) for CBS, perhaps that's actually most of the
> cause of it.

CBS has long been a PITA wrt scheduling. If the football ran long, it
top priority. It would NOT get cut off. ( No repeat Heidi debacles!) But
'60 minutes' is also a "must" program for CBS, so it cannot get
shortened. And so everything else got pushed back,

This year, 60 minutes starts 30 minutes later! Finally someone woke up!
The slack time will be some sort of post-game talking heads. Of course,
prime time gets pushed back a half hour.

The answer, if you are worried that this is not enough, is to create a
template rule for anything/everything on Sunday night on CBS, to extend
for one hour. So even if the recording starts in the middle of 60
minutes, you will get all of whatever is next, and so on.
Just for Sunday night and CBS.
Works for me. Easy to fast forward to find the real start of the show,
and you may not care for whatever follows.

OR, just add 60 minutes on the Scheduling line of the Recording Rule,
for the show(s) that you want.

Both work.

Geoff