[mythtv-users] the right way to do tuner priority?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Sep 29 15:16:54 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-09-29 at 10:38 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> The proper way to set tuner "priority" is to set Order

Is that something that can be set specifically or is that just implied
by the order in which you add inputs?

> you
> should set Schedule Order and Live TV Order in mythtv-setup for all of
> your capture devices, and MythTV will use them in the order specified.

Pretty sure I have done that -- to prefer the digital tuners.

> There is work being done in master to encourage the scheduler to choose
> an already-in-use capture device that's tuned to the needed multiplex
> for new recordings, even if that's a device whose Schedule Order is
> later.

Ahhh.  Nice.

> This means that MythTV will start more recordings with

> If this is a one-time issue, the right solution is a one-time override
> rule ("Record this showing" or "Don't record" the showing you don't want
> it to record or whatever).

It seems to happen quite frequently.  But now that I am reminded about
my disdain (and thus -10) for CBS, perhaps that's actually most of the
cause of it.

> Yes it can.

> None required (or recommended).  You can use Custom Priorities.

How do I to time-of-day/day-of-week clauses in those rules?  i.e. Sunday
evening from 6pm until 11pm.  Something like:

DAYOFWEEK(CURDATE()) = 1 AND HOUR(CURTIME()) > 18 and HOUR(CURTIME() < 23

perhaps?  So altogether:

channel.callsign = "WWNY" and DAYOFWEEK(CURDATE()) = 1 AND
HOUR(CURTIME()) > 17 AND HOUR(CURTIME()) < 24

Yes?

Cheers,
b.