[mythtv-users] Upgrade Mythbuntu and stay on .26

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Sep 29 14:27:32 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-09-27 at 08:16 -0500, Brent Bolin wrote:
> New release '14.04.1 LTS' available.
> Run 'do-release-upgrade' to upgrade to it.
>
> Can I safely do an upgrade to 14.04 LTS and still run MythTV .26 ?

Is there a reason you need 14.04 LTS?  Don't upgrade just for the sake
of it.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  If you are on 12.04 LTS that
is supported for what, another 3 years or so.

So unless 14.04 gives you something you need, 12.04 will satisfy any
requirement to get security/bug fixes (to whatever extent that Ubuntu
actually do fix bugs -- they at least do seem to push security fixes)
for a while now.

b.