[mythtv-users] Screen Goes Blank on Standby, Then Never Wakes Up

Tom Wheeler tomwheel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 00:39:49 UTC 2014

I observed another interesting clue that seems to have led me to a solution.

The Onkyo receiver displays a small banner in the upper-left corner of the
screen showing the input name (such as "DVD" or "DVR"), plus the resolution
and refresh rate. This afternoon, I noticed that the blue screen said
"720x480/60p" but after I rebooted the frontend (i.e. so it starts working
correctly again), it says "1920x1080/60p" instead.

Looking through the Nvidia X configuration utility, I saw that the
resolution was set to "auto" so I explicitly set it to 1920x1080 at 60Hz. I
used to see the blue screen after about 60-90 minutes of idle time, but
after making this change, it's been working fine after four hours of idle
time.

I'll report back If it acts up again, but otherwise this seems to have
fixed it, and maybe it will help someone else too.