[mythtv-users] DB Tuning (Was: Replace backend 3.5 system disk with 2 2.5 raid1?)

Mike Carron jmcarron at starstream.net
Sun Sep 28 03:00:43 UTC 2014

On 09/27/2014 04:32 AM, Simon Hobson wrote:
> Mike Carron <jmcarron at starstream.net> wrote:
>
>> What is a good way to determine values for tuning the DB?
> mysqltuner.pl is a useful tool.
Thanks. I noticed that mysqltuner.pl doesn't claim compatibility with
MySQL 5.5. What problems, if any, might that cause?

Also, you mentioned "oodles" of RAM but did not identify how much is an
"oodle." My own experience ranges from having to fit Z-80 assembler code
into a 2k EPROM all the way to the ghastly amounts of memory used by
Windows but I don't have a good feel for how much RAM is normal for MythTV.

mike