[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome won't shutdown after update

Swanseasurfing swanseasurfing at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 16:19:25 UTC 2014

Hello,

for several years mythwelcome did a good job and the shutdown process was
working fine.

Yesterday I had some trouble with "garbage input" (the mute button was
pressed twice per second), but I did'nt change anything on the system. This
behaviour did not change after a dist-upgrade (Mythbuntu Trusty, mythtv
0.27 ppa repository enabled).

Then I found out that there must be a hardware defect (the imon mouse
device (input event) sends garbage until a button on the remote is
pressed... and after a few seconds starts over again sending garbage). I
disabled imon, lirc and mythlcdserver and configured mythfrontend not to
use lirc and LCD anymore.

Now mythwelcome does not initiate a shutdown anymore. The counter ends at 0
seconds, but neither my pre-shutdown-check-script nor my shutdown-script
ist started. To my mind, mythwelcome does not give any trigger to shutdown
to mythbackend.

Has anyone trouble with the mythwelcome shutdown after an update of MythTV?
Any clue how to find a solution?

Kind Regards
  Jens