[mythtv-users] Netflix coming to MythTV native - no more wine/windows?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 17:37:16 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Bert Haskins <bhaskins at chartermi.net> wrote:
> I would consider starting up Netflix again if it wasn't so  !!!!!hard!!!! to
> stop them( Netflix).
> Are they still trying to pull this crap?

There were a number of well publicized complaints
a number of years ago.  I have been told there is
a clear "Cancel Membership" button on their
account page that has worked for at least one
person I know (which is not a statistically
significant sample size).

If one really wants to "make sure" it is easy to
cancel as part of a test, one could consider using
either a pre-paid "credit card" (Stop adding money
when you cancel your subscription), or various
"one time" credit card numbers that some
companies offer (and just change the payment
card info every month at Netflix).  Netflix can not
take money from cards that (no longer) exist.  Or
just wait a few months until the next Big Box
retailer finally notices that their credit card stations
have been compromised, and your Bank reissues
you (yet again) a new card "for your protection".

Gary