[mythtv-users] Netflix coming to MythTV native - no more wine/windows?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 20:23:17 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:
> Ahh... but is ... considered scraping?

"Duck test".  We all know scrapping when we see it.
You want to scrape.

> Perhaps, we can hope that NetFlix won't get too controlling... we pay for
> the content, not for their interface.

Their interface *is* their content.  They are controlling
their content, and how it is shown to you.  I am not a
huge fan of their interface (their content), but I accept it
is their choice.

> If we are turned off by the interface
> and have no way to use something different, they may start to lose people.

If every MythTV household that had NetFlix deleted their
account, it would likely not be above the NetFlix
subscriber churn noise (although it might impact the
MythTV user base numbers, if one had to choose
between being a MythTV household and a NetFlix
subscriber due to the WAF).  While I am sure you are
the center of the universe, I do not believe that Los
Gatos revolves around you.  But please feel free to
demonstrate your principals, and to lead the way,
and to delete your NetFlix account until NetFlix does
it your way.  It is the only way to show them who is
in charge here!