[mythtv-users] how to delay mythfrontend startup

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 01:36:30 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I use ratpoison as my windows manager and have it autostart mythfrontend
through the .ratpoisonrc file.

I have an SSD and I think mythfrontend is trying to load before mythbackend
has started.  When it starts, I get the choose your language screen and
have to manually restart it.  Is there a simple syntax I can add to have to
my .ratpoison script to make it wait about 5-10 seconds?

This is what the contents of my .ratposionrc looks like (note,
mythrstart.sh is a script I wrote to start mythfrontend with airplay):

[mythtv at Mythbox ~]$ more .ratpoisonrc
#Make escape (default C-t) not clash with mythTV key bindings
escape C-r
#Banish the mouse cursor out of the way.
addhook switchwin banish

exec /usr/bin/xset -dpms >/dev/null
exec /usr/bin/xset s off >/dev/null
exec /usr/bin/mythstart.sh