[mythtv-users] UK: Strictly Come Dancing E1S12, looks like a dupe

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Fri Sep 19 06:25:18 UTC 2014

On 18.09.2014 22:24, Hika van den Hoven wrote:

>>> Also the Dutch tv-guide market is quite complicated with a dozen
>>> players or more. By law guide info may not be presented for more then
>>> four days in the future, except for by these players. This originally
>
>> Ouch, so basically each and every guide out there is illegal.
> Only if it is further in the future then four days. Or if it's one of
> those players. For supplying the info they get the right to publish
> earlier.

So someone needs to start an educational group to broadcast tv and join
NPO :) e.g. "mythtv.nl" or "Blender TV". You will only get very little
airtime, but are then permitted to offer guide data further into the
future?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands_Public_Broadcasting#Other

>>> to protect all the players selling their own paper guide. Else they
>>> wouldn't share their info.
>
>> No one wants data from the existing guide providers, so that's not a
>> problem if they don't share anything.
> Those players are the one broadcasting. We have about ten national
> public tv organisations together broadcasting on the three public
> channels. Plus as much local ones broadcasting locally plus a few
> commercial ones on the satalite. I said it is complicated!

Just as it is in all other countries :) But that's one of the reasons
that a local knowledge about the local tv market is useful if you want
to provide a guide feed. Just add the NPO channels with 2-3 days and
the rest with the usual 2-6 weeks.

> I neither know perl. I know shell scripting, VB and SQL good and a little
> from a few others.

If you would like a more open guide feed then there is other stuff that
needs to be done, like finding good TV Station contact details.

Regards,
Karl