[mythtv-users] MythTV grabber for Schedules Direct JSON service now available

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Fri Sep 19 04:53:00 UTC 2014

On 9/18/2014 9:33 PM, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 11:11 PM, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com> wrote:
>> and there have been a number of changes to the server side.
> The biggest being that the client can request an MD5 / lastModified
> for a particular stationID (or all of them not marked as "not
> visible") and compare that to a local cache to determine if it even
> needs to request an updated schedule. Since there will now be 4
> updates per day (once we're in a steady state), it's possible that
> some but not all of your stationIDs have an update, so why bother
> processing something that you already have and hasn't changed?
>
> Anyway, the API-20140530 grabber implements this already, and I
> believe that it works properly now.

I figured that was the branch I was supposed to use, but I was getting
an error in the mfdb-json.php file at line 428 when I tried doing the
initial download, complaining that you can't call the json() member
function on a string object.  So I restored my database from backup, and
switched to master, and had no problems.

But since I'm supposed to be using the 20140530 branch, will there be a
problem switching?  Will I have to delete my videosources in MythTV and
setup everything again?  Or can I just switch branches?

Thanks!
-- Kevin