[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect Changes

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 23:23:14 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 6:32 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
> On 18/09/14 06:15 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
>>
>> I could see that
>> one getting really ugly in my case:  Because I have channels in my
>> database for both NY and Philly (where I have to move my antenna to
>> get Philly) I'm forced to use the "This Channel" filter on most
>> everything.
>

> Then you should seriously consider following the preferred route...

Hmmm...I'm not sure I even know what you mean.  What I currently do is
to only even set a Philly station as visible on rare occasions when an
NFL game I want to see is available only in that market.  I turn the
antenna to record it and then just set it as not visible again later.
I'm not sure if others do anything similar, or, if there's a better
approach, what it is.

All I'm really trying to avoid using the "This Channel" filter is to
prevent shows from attempting to record on the Philly networks, as my
antenna is normally not pointed that way.  Maybe my assumption that I
have to do that is incorrect.  When a channel is NOT set to visible,
does the scheduler ignore it?  I guess even then there's a risk of a
re-schedule occurring during the time I have it set to visible.

>> Also, Is the history of what's previously recorded all based on the
>> program ids?
>

> I am not sure. I will have to take a look at the database on the mythbox at
> home. I know 'Previously Recorded' matching is done at least on on
> title+subtitle, but it may use chanid as well somewhere in there (don't
> think so, but it could).

I just noticed looking at my schedules that there's an option for the
"Duplicate Check method" which appears to be defaulting to subtitle
and description.  I'm not sure if that's a configured default or not,
though I can't find any setting for it.  If that's all it's using
everything should work ok I'd think.  That's certainly one that'll be
important to a lot of people.  Anything that breaks that and suddenly
means re-recording all sorts of stuff is basically like loosing all
your history.

Thanks a million for all the help by the way!

Tom