[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect Changes

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 22:15:34 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Rich Freeman
> <r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 5:16 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
>>> The sources and structures are different, and neither 'knows' anything about
>>> the other. Hence the requirement for (re)creating your lineups and linking
>>> to your Capture Cards on the new server.
>>>

>> Are the program/episode IDs the same, or will we have to re-create all
>> our recording schedules after creating lineups/etc.
>
> They're the same.

As far as recording schedules, I seem to recall that those are
associated to the channels based on the "station" on the recording
schedule which, at least for OTA, is the callsign?  If I remember,
this caused me issues when a few callsigns changed.  Also, it appears
that the recording schedules store the chanid, which brings me back to
my previous question about deleting input sources (and whether it
deletes channels, which I believe it does).  What happens to recording
schedules if their associated channels get deleted?  I could see that
one getting really ugly in my case:  Because I have channels in my
database for both NY and Philly (where I have to move my antenna to
get Philly) I'm forced to use the "This Channel" filter on most
everything.

Also, Is the history of what's previously recorded all based on the program ids?

Tom