[mythtv-users] MCE remote doesn't work after hardware upgrade

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 21:17:02 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 4:59 AM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 9:02 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hoi Thomas,
>>
>> Thursday, September 18, 2014, 5:44:29 PM, you wrote:

>>> I upgraded my hardware over a year ago and had similar issues. I never
>>> found a solution, but tracked it down to some weird conflict with
>>> newer USB controllers. I ended up just buying a flirc.tv so I could
>>> use my TV remote instead.
>>
>> If so, could setting in the bios the usb to legacy mode help?
>>

> I don't recall if I tried that, but it's worth a shot I guess. I
> believe it was actually a driver bug.
>
> --

Many thanks to everyone for your replies.  As Hika suggested, it was a
USB compatibility issue.

Disabling "Intel xHCI Mode" in the BIOS brought the remote back to
life.  From what I've read, this disables USB 3.0, but since I don't
have any USB 3.0 devices in the machine at the moment I can live with
it for now.

Thanks again,
Alistair