[mythtv-users] Mythvidexport User Job Fails

Nicolas Krzywinski myth at site7even.de
Thu Sep 18 20:12:34 UTC 2014

Am 18.09.2014, 05:53 Uhr, schrieb <mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org>:

> Message: 7
> Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:18:17 -0700
> From: Mike Carron <jmcarron at starstream.net>
> To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Mythvidexport User Job Fails
>On 07/01/2014 04:39 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:

>>> ***
>>> I would be glad to generate a traceback if I had a clue how to do it,
>>> I'm not familiar with Python.
>>
>> An unhandled exception generates one automatically. Just run the
>> grabber manually from the terminal using the same arguments.
>***
> Ok, I finally encountered an instance of mythvidexport failing with the
> "External system call failed: code 1." The season and episode values
> were missing from the file being exported. I ran mythmetadatelookup
> --refresh-all from the command line and I didn't see any exception. It
> ran to completion and I discovered that the file in question which had
> no season or episode values now has them and a retry of mythvidexport
> finished properly.
>It appears that the lack of season and episode data was the cause of my
> problem but I have no idea why simply running mythmetadatalookup again
> would fix it.
>mike
Hi Mike,

there is an updated version (0.7.6) of mythvidexport.pl available at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvidexport.py where s. o. called Tdack made a fix regarding the storage format of the inetref value.
This helped me, solving ~70% of my error-external-system-call-failed recordings.

(Including the ~30% of my error-ascii recordings, I was able to solve with PYTHONIOENCODING=utf-8 /path/to/myscript.py, which was solved by "another Mike" Michael Dean at this list, I am error-free now! :) )

Maybe this shed some additional light on this issue, just to feed our minds... :D

Regards,
Nicolas

--
www.nskcomputing.de