[mythtv-users] Reset frontend guide

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 18 14:50:55 UTC 2014

On 09/17/2014 03:42 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 9:23:31 PM, you wrote:

>>> There's no way to "reset" the guide since there's no way to "set" the guide
>>> in the first place.

>>> Since we haven't ever included a "show a blank screen instead of the guide"
>>> setting, I'm guessing you've set some other setting whose side effect is
>>> showing you nothing--for example, you have the guide showing you a channel
>>> group in which there are no channels or similar.  Use the MENU key to verify
>>> the channel group ("Choose Channel Group") and also check "Default channel
>>> group" in frontend settings (in Video|General Settings, IIRC).
>> Thanks Mike,
>> I have 2 frontends, the problem is only in one.
>> I check the Video ->>  General configuration and in both frontend is
>> same configuration.

Did you actually check to see what Channel Group was active in the
guide?  Use the MENU to verify it's showing "All channels".

>> I delete "/home/user/.mythtv/" and configure again but same problem.
>> How could I delete all the configuration in the backend side?
>> Maybe this way I could start again and get it working.
> Configuration is saved in the datbase under the hostname. Changing the
> hostname to a totally new one (put an x or an 2 behind it) resets the
> settings to the defauls.

It's much easier to just add a <LocalHostName> override in the
config.xml file, which will tell MythTV to use the specified name
instead of the host name to identify the configuration for the system.
If the specified name is one that has never been used with MythTV, you
will get all-default configuration.

Though even better would be to actually post a log file (at default
verbosity with /absolutely/ nothing cut out) showing mythfrontend
startup and then going immediately into the guide.  Then we could likely
see what error is causing an empty guide rather than just guessing.

Mike