[mythtv-users] UK: Strictly Come Dancing E1S12, looks like a dupe

mythtv at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk mythtv at phipps-hutton.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Sep 18 12:00:59 UTC 2014

Quoting Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com>:

> Myth constructs it from the title, series id and season/episode.
>
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/browser/mythtv/mythtv/programs/mythfilldatabase/xmltvparser.cpp#L541

Thanks for the link, It seems the intro show was listed as E1S12 as
well as the first show in the series proper. This means it's a
listings problem (Atlas). Cue gnashing of teeth as millions of
Freeview+ boxes fail. Not sure how to report it, I'll try XMLTV first.

> And won't your recorded Launch Show be s00e00 because Myth doesn't
> store the season/episode (and your not using metadata lookup) ?
> Atlas may well have marked it as e01 when you recorded it.

mysql> select title, subtitle, seriesid, syndicatedepisodenumber,
starttime, programid from program where title like 'Strictly%Dancing';
+-----------------------+----------+-----------+-------------------------+---------------------+---------------+
| title                 | subtitle | seriesid  |
syndicatedepisodenumber | starttime           | programid     |
+-----------------------+----------+-----------+-------------------------+---------------------+---------------+
| Strictly Come Dancing |          | 102474247 | E1S12
   | 2014-09-26 20:00:00 | EP1024742471c |
| Strictly Come Dancing |          | 102474247 | E2S12
   | 2014-09-27 18:00:00 | EP1024742472c |
+-----------------------+----------+-----------+-------------------------+---------------------+---------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select title, subtitle, season, episode, starttime, programid
from recorded where title like 'Strictly%Dancing';
+-----------------------+----------------------------------------+--------+---------+---------------------+---------------+
| title                 | subtitle                               |
season | episode | starttime           | programid     |
+-----------------------+----------------------------------------+--------+---------+---------------------+---------------+
| Strictly Come Dancing | Strictly Come Dancing: The Launch Show |
  0 |       0 | 2014-09-07 18:58:00 | EP1024742471c |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

> I don't follow though. According to the BBC website, Show 1 is
> scheduled for 26/9. Presumably Show 2 won't be until 3/10 ? And
> Atlas should only currently be going up to 30th. So it seems to me
> that the Launch Show was E1 and Myth has called it right.

As usual, X-factor and Strictly are playing silly buggers and both are
doing two shows per week on Fri and Sat at the same times.(coincidence?)

Cheers,
Tim.