[mythtv-users] MCE remote doesn't work after hardware upgrade

Kris Jensen kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 03:09:33 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Alistair Grant <akgrant0710 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Kris,
>
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Kris Jensen <kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >  How about /etc/lirc/hardware.conf? I dig up an old config file from a
> > backup that had a MCE remote attached, it had the following:
> >

> > # /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
> >
> > #
> >
> > #Chosen Remote Control
> >
> > REMOTE="Windows Media Center Transceivers/Remotes (all)"
>
> Thanks very much for chasing this up.  My file had only a couple of
> minor differences from yours.  Just to be sure, I tried replacing my
> file with yours, but still no luck. :-(
>
> Still searching...
>
> Thanks again,
> Alistair

Hi-ya,

 Try and see if irrecord let's you record your own .conf file for your
remote, as a test.

 Stop lirc first.

~$ sudo service lirc stop

 then :

~$ irrecord temptest.lirc.conf

 Irrecord has a walk-tru script, so it's fairly easy to follow. Try and
record a few buttons. As a test.

 If it does record. You might have to rerecord your remote, and replace the
existing .conf file.

 If irrecord doesn't record the remote then it may be a bad IR receiver,
maybe?

 Theses are steps I remember doing when I had trouble with a mce remote.

 Hope it helps.