[mythtv-users] HD PVR 2 status check, or alternatives

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Sep 17 12:51:22 UTC 2014

On 9/16/14 7:35 PM, Ken Truesdale wrote:

> Last fall there was a discussion about how there was no Linux support
> for the HD PVR 2.  I haven’t seen anything since and the wiki still
> says there is no support. But I thought it’d be worth an e-mail to see
> if anyone was aware of any more recent developments.  Or anticipated
> developments.

A couple of moths ago I was asking myself the same question. I even
found that there *is* now a Linux driver for the Hauppauge Colossus (an
internal card with dual HDMI capture). However, the driver is a
commercial product and the developers are not interested in licensing it
for use by individuals, (understandably) due to the support costs. It's
a shame, since this seems like a really perfect piece of hardware for
MythTV.