[mythtv-users] Problem with storage directory on 2nd HDD

Jonno jonnojohnson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 14:32:27 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 11:49 PM, Mark Perkins <perkins1724 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> What is your storage group disk scheduler set to?
>
> Have you tried just putting that one directory (on the second drive) as
> the only LiveTV storage directory and tried viewing LiveTV? Check backend
> log file while doing so to see what it says.

I haven't had time to look up what the disk scheduler is (it's been a few
years since I messed with anything mythtv related).

I looked at the backend log and when it tries to open a file in
/media/jonno/recordings there is a Permission Denied (13).

Here is some information that will hopefully be useful.

The system logs in with the User = jonno.
$id jonno
uid = 1000(jonno) gid = 124(mythtv) .......

>From top I notice that:
mythfrontend.re user = jonno
mythbackend user = mythtv

I have the disk set to mount with the following in /etc/fstab:
/dev/sdb1    /media/jonno/recordings    ext4    defaults    0    1

While mounted I get:

$ls -l /media/jonno/recordings
drwxrwxrwx 2 mythtv mythtv 16384 Sep 15 22:06 lost+found

$ls -l /media/jonno
drwxrwxr-x 2 mythtv mythtv 4096 Sep 15 23:09 recordings

If I umount /dev/sdb1 I get:

$ls -l /media/jonno/recordings
total 0

$ls -l /media/jonno
total 4
drwxrwxr-x 2 mythtv mythtv 4096 Sep 15 22:09 recordings

Everything seems ok to me but clearly not. What else would be useful?