[mythtv-users] MythTV Install

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Mon Sep 15 16:17:01 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 8:24 AM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Richard Brook <byronf16 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 10:35 PM, Richard Brook <byronf16 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I ran this command and it indicates I already have the latest version.
>>> The volume icon allows me to change the volume, but there are no links to
>>> the sound settings. If I right click on the volume icon and left click on
>>> sound preferences, I get a dialogue box called System Settings with just
>>> Personal Language Support, Hardware Printers, System Software and Updates. I
>>> cannot choose the type of Output and Input, Balance, Test Speakers, etc.,
>>> that I normally can when I install Ubuntu. There are still no Sound Settings
>>> in the Application menu.
>>

>> I have still been unable to install the Volume Indicator in the XFCE panel
>> so I can adjust the sound volume and sound settings from my Mythbuntu 14.04
>> desktop. There are also no sound settings in the Applications menu.
>>
>> It was installed by default in my Ubuntu 14.04 desktop panel.
>>
>> --
>> Rich Brook

> I couldn't find the sound settings you're looking for in Mythbuntu either,
> Mr Mashos can you advise the OP as to how to make sound adjustments in
> Mythbuntu?

Personally I set my sound up via alsamixer and then just use my TV
volume. I took a quick look at my gaming frontend (that runs XFCE) and
see that there is an "indicator-sound" package that is installed.
There is also an "xfce4-indicator-plugin" package installed. I'd guess
that if you install both of those you will get the volume indicator in
the panel.

--
Thanks,

Thomas Mashos