[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect Changes

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Mon Sep 15 16:13:15 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 9:05 AM, Rich Freeman
<r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
> I just saw this on the SchedulesDirect forum:
> http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2577
>
> Does anybody know what the official MythTV plans are?  It is nice to
> see that there is a grabber floating around out there, but is it
> recommended that MythTV users just manually run it/etc, or is there
> some kind of roadmap to integrate this into MythTV (fixes/etc) so that
> we get more functionality, fewer issues, etc.
>
> I didn't see anybody talking about a need to re-do programs, so I
> assume that things like program IDs are preserved with the new
> interface, but I have no real knowledge of that one way or the other.
>
> I was just surprised to not already see discussion on the list about
> this, so I figured that the news wasn't well-known yet.
>
> --
> Rich

Uh, seems pretty clear from that post what MythTV's plans are.

"Thankfully there is no need to panic, as Schedules Direct was already
hard at work implementing a more modern JSON-based service using
newer/better data feeds from TMS. This service offers the following
improvements:

<SNIP>

This service is up and running now, and grabbers are available for
MythTV and SageTV. We also encourage others to develop grabbers for
their own applications."

--
Thanks,

Thomas Mashos