[mythtv-users] mythvideo import hashes all files to QUERY_FILE_HASH

Steve Magnani user.serviceable at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 01:43:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for all the effort put into MythTV. It's really nice
having something so full-featured that's also open source.

Yesterday I finally got around to converting some of my DVDs to files
with handbrake so MythTV could manage them. But I'm finding that when I
run *mythutil --scanvideos*, mythvideo thinks they are all the same file
because they all hash to QUERY_FILE_HASH.

This is with self-compiled software 0.27.3-159-g2d4a7c9.

To boil this down a little, I hid all my video files and ran a video
scan to start with a clean videometadata table.
Then I un-hid a file that I had originally imported in late May, that
was in the database with hash ef7a3d3b5f93a941.
I re-ran the video scan and saw this in the system log:

    mythbackend[14089]: I VideoScanner videoscan.cpp:164 (run) Beginning Video Scan.

    mythbackend[14089]: I VideoScanner videoscan.cpp:393 (buildFileList) buildFileList directory = myth://Videos@sunraycer/var/lib/mythtv/videos/

    mythbackend[14089]: I VideoScanner dirscan.cpp:256 (ScanVideoDirectory) MythVideo::ScanVideoDirectory Scanning Group (myth://Videos@sunraycer/var/lib/mythtv/videos/)

    mythbackend[14089]: E VideoScanner mythcorecontext.cpp:335 (ConnectToMasterServer) ERROR: Master backend tried to connect back to itself!

    mythbackend[14089]: I VideoScanner videoscan.cpp:354 (updateDB) Adding :  : stomp.mpg : QUERY_FILE_HASH

    mythbackend[14089]: I CoreContext metadatafactory.cpp:601 (customEvent) Video Scan Complete: a(1) m(0) d(0)

..and this in mysql:

    MariaDB [mythconverg]> select intid,filename,hash FROM videometadata;

    +-------+-----------+-----------------+

    | intid | filename  | hash            |

    +-------+-----------+-----------------+

    |    10 | stomp.mpg | QUERY_FILE_HASH |

    +-------+-----------+-----------------+

    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Now, the system I have today is not the one I had back in May - I
rebuilt it around Mint 17 (14.04) recently, and back then was probably
on Mint 13 (12.04).
Is there some system configuration thing I could have botched when I
rebuilt? Or is this a genuine bug?

Thanks,

  Steven J. Magnani               "I claim this network for MARS!

  www.digidescorp.com              Earthling, return my space modulator!"

  #include <standard.disclaimer>