[mythtv-users] mythcommflag not working

Carl Hunter cdhunter2 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 15:59:45 UTC 2014

On 9/11/2014 2:44 PM, Carl Hunter wrote:
> On 9/11/2014 11:48 AM, Karl Newman wrote:
>>     I strongly doubt the changes in mythtv  have anything to do with it.
>>     The commflag code has pretty much not evolved in years.
>>
>>     Now compare the behaviour of say 0.24 with today's content. And
>>     we'll be talking.
>>
>>     Otherwise there's too many parameters at play to be able to assert
>>     anything
>>
>> That may be true, but something changed after 0.24, because I saw the
>> decrease in commflag quality immediately after upgrading to 0.26, using
>> the same capture card & cable boxes. Is there a way to run mythcommflag
>> from 0.24 on a 0.27 system, or has the relevant schema changed? Because
>> I can probably dig up an old 0.24 ebuild and compile it, but I'm not set
>> up to install a complete 0.24 system.
>>
>> Karl
>
> I tried compiling mythcommflag using the 0.27 source but backing out any
> changes I thought had to do with commercial detection between 0.27 and
> 0.24.  I was able to get it to run but I get the same results as before.
>   It seems to quite after a bunch of these errors.
>
> Sep  3 20:50:18 mythtv mythcommflag: mythcommflag[21816]: E Decoder
> avformatdecoder.cpp:4937 (GetFrame) decoding error#012#011#011#011eno:
> Unknown error 541478725 (541478725)
>
> That message doesn't seem to be in the 0.24 source.  I only see that
> message once in my HD recordings and I think it's after it's run out of
> data in a buffer.
>
> I'm pretty sure whatever changed was between 0.24 and 0.25 if that's any
> help.

I was able to find some hardware and I installed Mythbuntu 11.10 that
comes with Myth 0.24.  I updated myth to the latest 0.24-fixes.  I then
recorded a half hour show without any source.  It flagged the file by
default and didn't find any commercial breaks like expected.  I then
took a .mpg (PVR-150) recorded off my Mythbuntu 14.04 system with
0.27-fixes that doesn't get flagged properly and copied it over top of
the blank recording on the Mythbuntu 11.10 system.  I ran mythcommflag
on it and it found 3 commercial breaks.  So Myth 0.24 works fine but
Myth 0.27 doesn't.  I still think the problem is with the (GetFrame)
decoding error.  Any insight?