[mythtv-users] MythTV Install

Richard Brook byronf16 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 10:58:45 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 4:23 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> mythtv is an appliance, it has a volume control.
>
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 3:47 AM, Richard Brook <byronf16 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Mike Perkins <
> mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
> > wrote:

> of

> the
> that
> never
> default.

> Back

> display
> played
> large

> The
> little.

> Panel

> >> Don't forget your TV in all this. It may have a setup option, something
> >> like "Game Mode" or "Exact PC Size" or something like that. That can
> make
> >> the difference if you are either losing pixels round the edge or have a
> >> border that ought not be there.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Mike Perkins

> > How do I install the Volume/Sound indicator in the Panel?
> > How do I install the Sound Settings in the System Menu?
> >
> > I have to run the Alsamixer from Terminal. I have searched Google but
> have
> > not found a solution.

MythTV has a Volume Control, but when I back out to the Desktop, there is
no sound, no Sound controls in the Settings menu and no Volume control icon
in Panel at the top of the Desktop. During the initial Mythbuntu 14.04
install, only MythTV had Sound control. I had no sound when running VLC or
other apps with audio output.

I have done Google searches trying to find the proper way to add sound. I
can launch Alsamixer from Terminal, but there are more convenient ways to
have control over sound. It is there, by default, when Ubuntu 14.04 is
installed. I just need to know how to add it in to my Mythbuntu install.

By the way, I was able to go to Setup, Video, Playback, and enable Video
Aspect Override. I set it to 16x9. MythTV not displays properly on my HDTV
using the full screen.