[mythtv-users] mythcommflag not working

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Sep 11 15:48:53 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 6:50 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thursday, September 11, 2014, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
>

>> Yes, that would be quite interesting. My experience is that comm flagging
>> (on SD MPEG2 files from a PVR-500) went from near perfect in 0.24 to
>> catching maybe 1 out of 3-4 in 0.26 and beyond (I skipped 0.25). I assumed
>> it was some change in the integrated ffmpeg but if there were other changes
>> it would be nice to bring them back, ideally with some switches to choose
>> the "old" or "new" algorithm, per channel.
>>

> I strongly doubt the changes in mythtv  have anything to do with it. The
> commflag code has pretty much not evolved in years.
>
> Now compare the behaviour of say 0.24 with today's content. And we'll be
> talking.
>
> Otherwise there's too many parameters at play to be able to assert
> anything

That may be true, but something changed after 0.24, because I saw the
decrease in commflag quality immediately after upgrading to 0.26, using the
same capture card & cable boxes. Is there a way to run mythcommflag from
0.24 on a 0.27 system, or has the relevant schema changed? Because I can
probably dig up an old 0.24 ebuild and compile it, but I'm not set up to
install a complete 0.24 system.

Karl