[mythtv-users] additional drive

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 22:55:20 UTC 2014

Hoi Daryl,

Thursday, September 11, 2014, 12:39:29 AM, you wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 6:28 PM, jacek burghardt
> <jaceksburghardt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well maybe it is permission issue you can can change e it to 0777
> or change owner to user that runs mythtv. I hope you got one of those 10 tb hard drives from wd.

> My drives are two single Tb drives, shucks! but on a brighter note
> I'm back to normal. A reboot meant that I can record tonight, yeah!
> so if I understand this correctly, I should "cd" to the newly added
> drive, make a directory there called /media/storage2, reboot, and
> then I should see the extra space in the FE's info pages?

In essence correct. To sum it all up:
On what I assume is your root partition you need to have two
directories, /media/storage and /media/storage2. As you have it added
to your /etc/fstab you should, if you run df after a reboot see the
two 1 Tb volumes being mounted on those two mount-points.
Then within those two volumes you can create directories you add to
your volumegroups. By adding the same directory for every volume group
you use to each drive and adding them both to that volumegroup you
will get a balanced use over the two volumes.
Check that each directory you create on the two drives is owned by
your mythtv user ( for example: sudo chown mythtv
/media/storage/recordings etc.) and that the rights are 755 or 750
(sudo chmod 755 /media/storage/recordings) Also both /media,
/media/storage and /media/storage2 should have at least rx rights for
other ( sudo chmod o+rx /media/storage2 )

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop