[mythtv-users] additional drive

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 22:10:07 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 5:58 PM, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
wrote:

> On 10/09/14 22:46, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 5:37 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Hoi Daryl,
>>>
>>> Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 11:30:19 PM, you wrote:
>>>
>>>  Greetings Mythizens, I decided to add the second Tb for additional
>>>>

>>>  daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ gksudo gedit /etc/fstab
>>>>

>>>  (gedit:3949): Gtk-WARNING **: Calling Inhibit failed:
>>>>
>>> (rw,nosuid,nodev,user=daryl)

>>>  1) Is it wrong to use "/media/storage" as the mount point for both Tb
>>>>
>>> drives?

>>>  TIA   Daryl
>>>>

>>> You can not mount two volumes on the same mountpoint. Or actually you
>>> can, but only the last mounted will be visible.
>>> You have to add a second directory, for instance /media/storage2 and
>>> mount the second volume there.
>>> In mythtv-setup you add the second mountpoint to the same storage
>>> group as where you have /media/storage. Myth will then spread new
>>> files over the two volumes. This depending on your settings.
>>>

>> Hoi Hika, I'm unclear on adding the second mount point. I stop the
>> back-end
>> and go to storage directories and don't know what to so from there. I did
>> change the fstab as you suggested to /media/storage2
>>
>>  Did you reboot after changing the fstab? This is essential.
>
> --
>
> Mike Perkins

No I didn't I thought the "sudo mount -a" took care of that. but now I'm in
deeper do-do. I've mucked around with the BE setup storage directories and
trying to exit I'm told that all the paths to recordings, videos, banners,
etc do not exist. How do I restore this? What I did was add a new directory
and later remove it.