[mythtv-users] from PC to TV: HDMI-DVI Adapter, what about the sound?

Yann Lehmann aristide at vtxmail.ch
Wed Sep 10 15:48:52 UTC 2014

Am 10.09.2014 17:23, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

> But I don't get audio so far.
>
> Is it possible to output the audio via ALSA and the soundcard while
> delivering the audio via plain old cable (those red/white cinch ...)?
>
> A friend of mine told me that there is no audio on DVI, right?

Right.

How was the frontend connected to the old tv ?

Connecting the red/white cinch of the tv to the the 'line-out' port of
the soundcard should work.

That's how it works with my setup ("old" Samsung plasma tv).

If I remember well, I had to plug the "DVI-cable" (with HDMI-adapter of
course) to a specific HDMI-input of the tv, in order to have sound. May
be something similar must be done with your tv, or at least enable the
sount input.