[mythtv-users] no channels found HDHR3-4DC

Janusz S. Bien jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Wed Sep 10 10:09:13 UTC 2014

Quote/Cytat - Dennis Alders <dennis.alders at gmail.com> (Wed 10 Sep 2014
11:53:56 AM CEST):

[...]

> I still got randomly either the option to do a Scan Type Full
> Scan and select a country vs. a Scan Type Full Scan in combination with
> Frequency Table, Modulation, and Scanning Range.

I observe the same behaviour in two of my installations.

On Debian sid I have

MythTV Version: 9d871a9
MythTV Branch: fixes/0.27

and on Debian jessie

MythTV Version : v0.27.3

from

Package: mythtv-backend
Version: 0.27.3+fixes20140825-dmo2

> One interesting option
> available was the Scan Type import

I also noticed this option.

> channel.conf. this would allow me to for
> example define the symbolrate.

Unfortunately it is not channel.conf which is imported, but - if I
understand correctly - the results of earlier scans done by MythTV.

> This would potentially fill the mysql
> database with the proper tables.

It can be done directly and easily (?) in mysql, it is just necessary
to know which fields in which tables are to be filled.

> The question would then be howto get this
> info into my current 0.27 based mysql database? Maybe the Scan Type option
> import an existing scan could enable this? Anyone who knows howto save an
> existing scan and what the format should be?

There is also an option of adding a channel on the Channel Editor
screen, but it seems very limited and inappropriate for the problem.

Best regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra
Lingwistyki Formalnej)