[mythtv-users] Deleting orphaned recording entries

James Peroulas james at peroulas.com
Wed Sep 10 04:49:49 UTC 2014

I left MythTV running with my HDHomerun disconnected for a couple of months
and this produced about 1800 orphaned recordings (my bad...).

I run find_orphans.py, select 'delete orphaned recording entries' and it
then proceeds to delete 2-10 of these recordings and then simply stops
deleting them. In other words, repeatedly selecting 'Refresh list' from
find_orphans.py shows the Count of orphaned recordings decreasing by 2-10,
and then this value stops decreasing.

Is there another way to delete these orphaned recordings?

JP

--
*Integrity is a binary state - either you have it or you don’t.* - John
Doerr