[mythtv-users] pcHDTV 5500 dead?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 9 16:27:04 UTC 2014

On 09/09/2014 11:59 AM, Jonno wrote:
> I've been using a pcHDTV 5500 tuner card for OTA programming in my
> system since 2008. A couple of weeks ago it stopped recording and
> could never tune in to my stations.
> I've made sure the signal is good by going directly into my tv.
> The channel scan doesn't find any signals.
>
> Is there something else I can try to debug the card before I replace it?

I've found with mine that if they try to tune a channel that's not
airing/not where we think it is (so it doesn't lock), they get "locked
up" such that they need to be powered off, then on again to be able to
tune anything.  Perhaps worth a try if you haven't (if you've only
rebooted or something).

Mike