[mythtv-users] no channels found HDHR3-4DC

Janusz S. Bien jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Mon Sep 8 05:24:18 UTC 2014

Quote/Cytat - Dennis Alders <dennis.alders at gmail.com> (Mon 08 Sep 2014
12:35:28 AM CEST):

> Hello,
> After 8 years I am ready to move my mythtv setup into the digital age.
> I am trying to replace my analog tuners by the HDHR3-4DC network tuner
> from Silicondust. However, the scan for channels does not provide any
> valid channel in mythtv-setup.

I used to have this problem when tuning to UPC Poland. I still don't
understand fully how it works in MythTV...

> FYI I am living in the Netherlands, and the provider details are:
>     * Frequency: 304000 kHz of 304 MHz
>     * QAM: 64
>     * Symbolfrequency: 6875
>     * Netwerk-ID 5600
>
> Furthermore, I am using mythtv version fixes/0.27(v0.27-212-gb93fb14).
>
> First I have successfully tested the hardware using the Silicondust
> GUI hdhomerun_config_gui, meaning I am able to view programs with vlc.
>
> Next, in mythtv-setup I have deleted all capture cards, added new
> capture cards for all four tuners (1410355B-0,..,1410355B-3), and set
> the max recordings to 1. The device id, firmware (20140604), and ip
> address were automagically picked up. Next, selected new video source:
> no grabber, channel frequency table default (also tested with
> europe-west), and network id 5600 as required by my provider.

Have you specified QAM? In my case there were two problems:

1. The field for entering Modulation is not always displayed, I don't
know why.
2. I find nothing with Modulation AUTO, I have to specify it explicitely.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra
Lingwistyki Formalnej)