[mythtv-users] FOXTEL (Australia) and MythTV

Christian Hack christian at hack.id.au
Sun Sep 7 22:49:09 UTC 2014

Late post I know.

About the only real way is by analogue capture and an IR blaster. I do
this with an IQ2 and a HDPVR recording analogue component. Works just
OK as the HDPVR is not 100% reliable when starting a recording. Also a
HD channel loses some quality over watching/recording on the IQ2. This
is not a component vs HDMI issue. When watching IQ2 direct via
(analogue) component I can hardly if at all tell the difference with
HDMI. The loss occurs in the HDPVR capture and/or encoding...