[mythtv-users] Listings for Masterpiece Mystery and Classic

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 18:45:33 UTC 2014

Hoi Peter,

Sunday, September 7, 2014, 7:54:39 PM, you wrote:

> PBS stations group a whole bunch of British shows under the titles
> Masterpiece Mystery! and Masterpiece Classic. This  causes the problems:
> 1. Need to set custom recording rules with a selection on subtitle
> 2. Metadata is not retrieved
> 3. When using mythlinks the file names are not set in the best way.

> Here are some examples of subtitles currently in the listings for me for
> these titles
> Endeavour, Series 1: Rocket
> Downton Abbey
> Breathless, Part 1
> Sherlock: A Study in Pink
> Sherlock, Series III: His Last Vow

> I am considering running a simple SQL script after mythfilldatabase to
> update titles and subtitles of all shows called "Masterpiece Mystery!"
> or "Masterpiece Classic"

> Update program Set title =
> SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(subtitle,':',1),',',1),
> subtitle =
> REPLACE(TRIM(SUBSTRING_INDEX(SUBSTRING_INDEX(subtitle,':',-1),',',-1)),'Part
> ','Episode ')
> where title in ('Masterpiece Mystery!','Masterpiece Classic')

> This changes the titles and subtitles as follows (items currently in my
> listings)
> Endeavour    Rocket
> South Riding    South Riding
> Downton Abbey    Downton Abbey
> Breathless    Episode 1
> Sherlock    A Study in Pink
> Sherlock    His Last Vow
> Endeavour    Home
> Breathless    Episode 2
> Sherlock    The Blind Banker
> Breathless    Episode 3
> Sherlock    The Great Game
> Sherlock    A Scandal in Belgravia
> Miss Marple    A Caribbean Mystery
> Miss Marple    Greenshaw's Folly

> Then use mythutil to reschedule

> This caters for most of the formats I see.
> Will this cause any problems? I will have to alter recording rules
> obviously. Will any other tables need to be changed? Will it still know
> which episodes I have previously recorded? I think it should since it
> checks dups using program ids which I am not changing.

> Peter

Here in the Netherlands we have a similar thing with "KRO detectives",
but you at least have also episode information more then just the
description. I have only the series name as subtitle. So previous
recorded checking is not working here anyhow.
I have done some research but I don't think I have it complete.
I think you have to update the recorded, the recordedprogram amd the
oldrecorded table. You can match them on the basename, although as I
have understood, the Index is on the combination of chanid and
starttime (which together form the basename)
Maybe you also have to update the programguide info, but I haven't yet
looked into that.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven