[mythtv-users] End of OTA.

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 01:23:26 UTC 2014

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 5:37 PM, Bert Haskins <bhaskins at chartermi.net> wrote:
> Among the absolutely insane number of current polycrap ads is one that
> says that our "representatives " are trying to kill free TV.
> Given the level of integrity that these guys have shown in the past this
> doesn't surprise me but I wonder if other list members have heard about it.

It is all about the money (and who gets to collect it),
focused on re-transmission consent.  The big MSOs
do not want to pay to retransmit free OTA content,
and the OTA channels do not want to lose the revenue
from the MSOs (claiming that if they do not get the
money from the MSOs, they will have to close up shop).
Both sides are using tactics that presume people are
stupid.  Unfortunately, past experience shows such
tactics work for the aforementioned reason.