[mythtv-users] Problems with CEC

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 02:14:34 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I am having lots of problems with CEC, I am using PulseEigh device to
switch on/off the TV.

I try to use "cec-utils" package:
https://packages.debian.org/wheezy-backports/cec-utils

$ echo "on 0" | cec-client -s -d 1
$ echo "tx 4F 82 10 00" | cec-client -s -d 1

Both commands works, but they doesn't work when the TV is in a deep
sleep. The TV power on, but not in the HDMI1 input, I must change to
HDMI2 input and then to HDMI1 again.

I try thec": http://deb-multimedia.org/dists/stable/main/binary-amd64/package/libcec-daemon

It works great at the startup, it power on the TV and put the active
input (HDM1!). But it takes too much time to stop.

# /etc/init.d/libcec-daemon stop (30-40 seconds)

# /etc/init.d/libcec-daemon start
INFO - Opened /dev/uinput
INFO - Created uinput device

Anyone has a good solution for this? I prefert o use cec-clinet
commands, but I don't know how to make the frontends as a active input
always.

The  "libcec-daemon" service looks easy, it just start the service
automatically in the boot, and there is no need to configure any
command. But it has a big problem with the service stop times.

I will appreciate any help, I am fighting with this from month.

Kind regards.

--
Josu Lazkano