[mythtv-users] OT: Harmony remote via myharmony software

Marius Schrecker marius.schrecker at lyse.net
Tue Sep 2 06:27:02 UTC 2014

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------

On Tuesday, September 2, 2014 04:10 CEST, "Andrew C. (AFPup) Stadt" <acstadt at stadt.ca> wrote:
 Sorry for the noise on the list, but I know that several people use the
Logitech Harmony series of remotes, so hoping for an answer.

I've been running an older Harmony 700 for several years now with out
issues. Recently purchased a 2nd unit to use on another system. The old
unit I program via Logitech Harmony Remote 7 software, but, in order to
setup the new one, they are making me use the 'MyHarmony' software. Now,
this might sound like the stupidest question on earth, but for the life
of me I can't figure out what to put in for Manufacturer or model number
to get started. With the other software I can select PVR, or HTPC, put
in Knoppmyth for the manufacturer and then configure the details the way
I want. Right now, I can't even get started. In this case, the remote
is just controlling the computer, no TV, no sound system, just the computer.

Thanks in advance, and again sorry for the noise on the list.

Andrew.
Harmony have changed the way in which devices are found during the initial setup and now identify by model number. I also had trouble with this as one or two non-standard pieces of equipment were completely misidentified and had to be sorted out by Harmony support who were, very helpful.

I now have everything approximately as I want it with the exception of the Antec Fusion which controls MythTV and receives certain commands irritatilngly unreliably (this was fine with my older harmony remote so I fail to understand why the commands can't just be copied from the old db to the new).

Have you tried identifying your equipment by model number?

Cheers!