[mythtv-users] fail to shut down

Mike Carron jmcarron at starstream.net
Tue Sep 2 04:17:25 UTC 2014

On 09/01/2014 01:52 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> Greetings Mythizens, I'm still trying to get Trusty to behave like
> Precise, I'm almost there, but it wont shut down.
>
> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ mythshutdown -c
> OK to shutdown
>
> the BE log, set verbose, is in the bin below
>
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/8209535/
>
> Everything looks the same to me, when I compare Precise to Trusty.
> What am I missing?  TIA Daryl

***
This looks somewhat like a problem I've been having but mine is on FEs.
I have MythFrontend running on 3 different machines, two Zotac ID-36 and
one Zotac AD-03, all running Mythbuntu 14.04 and Myth 0.27.3. The Exit
and Shutdown function worked perfectly with Precise but not at all with
Trusty; using either keyboard or remote if I hit Esc from the main menu
the "Do you really want to exit MythTV? box duly comes up with the three
options. The first two work fine but the 3rd (Exit and Shutdown) just
causes the box to disappear and the mouse pointer to become visible for
a few seconds. When I mentioned this earlier I saw the suggestion to try

|user_name ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /sbin/poweroff, /sbin/reboot, /sbin/shutdown|

to sudoers which I did with user_name = MythTV and with my own
user_name, with no discernible effect.

Is there a known reason why Exit and Shutdown worked as expected with
Precise but not at all with Trusty?

mike