[mythtv-users] fail to shut down

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 02:25:03 UTC 2014

On 09/01/2014 08:32 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
 > I've looked at the setwakeup.sh in Precise and Trusty and they look the
> same to me, same ownership and same permissions. Where should I go from
> here?

Test it from the command line. First, become the mythtv user:

     sudo --set-home --login --user=mythtv

Then execute the failing command using the current time + 120 seconds:

     sudo /usr/bin/setwakeup.sh $((`date +'%s'` + 120)) ; echo $?

You want to see a 0 returned from the echo $? command.

Note that you shouldn't be prompted for a password,
assuming /etc/sudoers.d/mythtv is setup properly. If
you still have your old root partition available, you
can mount it and look at what was there before.

When you're done testing, don't forget to press control-d
to become yourself again. Or just close the terminal window.

--
Bill