[mythtv-users] scheduler confusion

blind Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 09:37:34 UTC 2014

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 20:07:25 -0500
Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/31/2014 07:39 PM, blind Pete wrote:
> > Could "something" be selecting virtual tuners in the same order
> > as mysql, rather than by cardinputid

Just a stab in the dark, but could the logic that avoids head to tail
recordings be selecting different tuners rather than different virtual
tuners?  Today I have seen consecutive programs on the same sub-channel
recorded on virtual tuners one and six while nothing else was in use.

Oddly, mysql lists six as coming after one.

> Hi,
>
> I'm missing something...

Everybody does.  Don't worry about it too much.

The main issue is that programs are being missed.  The stuff below is
just a side show, it did not cause the problem or fix it, but I am very
happy to talk about it with anyone who has a clue.

> Looking back at your original post, your clauses are looking for a
> text cardinput.cardid, but cardid is an integer. So wouldn't the
> 1st, 2nd and 4th lines below always fail? [and the 3rd would match
> every cardinputid]

I am not brave enough to edit the database directly, although I will
poke around and look with the command line.

The changes were made through the frontend's main menu
 -> Utilities/Setup
 -> Setup
 -> TV Settings
 -> Recording Priorities
 -> Custom Priority Rules

If nothing complained I assumed that there were no gross errors, like
comparing an int to a string, but that was just an assumption.

> selectclause: (channel.callsign LIKE 'SBS%' OR channel.callsign =
> 'NITV') AND cardinput.cardid = 'sbs' selectclause: cardinput.cardid =
> 'abc' AND channel.callsign LIKE 'abc%' selectclause:
> (channel.callsign NOT LIKE ('SBS%') AND channel.callsign <> 'NITV' )
> AND cardinput.cardinputid <> 'sbs' selectclause: channel.callsign NOT
> LIKE 'abc%' AND cardinput.cardid = 'sbs'

You might be right, this might be complete and utter gibberish, but it
is not the cause of the trouble.

Now that you are here; if cardinput.cardinputid is an int and lower
case 'sbs' is a string rather than a label with an int value, where
would the error messages be?  Can you recommend an SQL primer?  Or a
cheat sheet that lists arithmetic, string, and logical operators.

--
testing
bP