[mythtv-users] Commercial Removal Before Final Transcode?

jim jim_32766 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 19:42:25 UTC 2014

I have read numerous discussions on this topic - many so old I wonder if
they have been overcome by events. What is the current best way to
remove commercials prior to transcoding to the target format? I have the
commercial flagging start when the recording starts and review of the
recording in MythTV reveals that most of the commercials are skipped. Is
there an included, or common, script or command to accomplish final
removal?  Thanks.