[mythtv-users] Checking power status of STB

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Oct 31 18:50:08 UTC 2014

On 31/10/14 12:59 PM, Justin Alcorn wrote:
> I intend to look and see.  Also, it seems to have hung the process, so
> there's definintely an issue.
>
> Suggestions on making sure a recording is not in process?  And...on
> having it run just before a recording, rather than on a schedule?
>
> Ideal situation - just before recording, check and turn it on if
> needed. If it's already recording, then just end.

 From previous comments here, the place to put the check script, is to
make it part of the channel-change script (set in Mythtv-setup -> Input
Connections.
That script is always called when a recording is to be started
on/through an STB + HDPVR combination.

I cannot remember how/where you can presently check whether a recording
is presently in process, but it is possible.

(One used to be able to 'wget http://127.0.0.1:6544 | grep Encoder' but
seems to no longer work).

Note, moreover, that IF a recording is in progress, there will be
conflict if you try to change channels etc. ( So you have to use soft
pre-roll and post-roll limits, allowing the channel change to happen
exactly at the end of one/beginning of the next program, without any
pre-roll/post-roll additions.).

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury