[mythtv-users] MythTV needs to listen on 2 ports

John Moore (Compucom Systems Inc) v-johmo at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 30 17:38:02 UTC 2014

I don't want it to be set to 0.0.0.0.  I want it to be set too my 2 IP's (192.168.2.7 & 192.168.3.7).  I don't think that should be too much to ask.  An if I had a 0.0.0.0 setup, I wouldn't NEED slave servers.  That wouldn't be an issue.  Again, this should be really simple.  MythTV Master backend could allow ALL if NO slaves.  The moment you want slaves, must remove the ALL NICs config.  An it could all be configured thru the gui they already have.

What about creating a Virtual Nic on the MythTV Backend an give it eth2. Set it too 10.0.0.1 an tell mythtv to listen on that. The configure Ubuntu to forward all traffic from ports 3306, 6544, & 6543 on the 2 physical networks (eth0 an eth1) to the Virt NIC.

Keep in mind I am talking about doing all this forwarding internal to the box.  Not messing with my network at all.

Do the frontend clients even need to talk to SQL?

John Moore
OSG VM Solutions Team